Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
See wholesale price
- Also known as Cinnamomum Verum or Cinnamomum Zeylanicum
- Heirloom variety native to Sri Lanka
- Sourced from the central hills of Sri Lanka
- Organically grown
Tastes floral with notes of honey and crystalized ginger.
Ceylon cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka (known as Ceylon prior to 1972) and is a rare find in North America. If you or someone you know usually says "I'm not a fan of cinnamon," that's because you've been eating the strong "in your face" tasting cassia. Try Ceylon and you're in for a wonderful surprise!
- Bake into cakes, breads, cupcakes, muffins
- Sprinkle over fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes, oatmeal, chia pudding and other breakfasts
- Add to your morning coffee and tea for a special treat and mix into smoothies and lattes
- Shake over ice cream, puddings, cheesecake, chocolate tart and other desserts
- Stir into soups, chili, curries and sauces to elevate flavors of other spices you are adding
- Make fresh cinnamon tea: add 1 tablespoon ground Ceylon cinnamon or crush one Ceylon cinnamon stick into boiling water and steep for 10 minutes, covered.
Detailed harvesting process
The harvest season for Ceylon cinnamon in Sri Lanka is from June to August each year. Our cinnamon farmer works to harvest all of his crop at this time. We buy a portion of this as whole cinnamon sticks while the rest is milled on demand, grinding each small batch exactly when we need it. This way, the ground cinnamon you get has its natural oils preserved — you will smell and taste the difference.
Did you know that cinnamon powder you buy off a grocery store shelf can be 4-5 years old? The natural oils that give the spice its flavor and aroma (to say nothing about health benefits) will already be dried up by then!
More from this supplierView all products
Cinnamon Tree Organics